All my original work is copyright protected; if you share, please cite the source.

Follow Me at my new blogspot: Trace Markings

Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Llama Spit in my Cup

This is the second monoprint in a series inspired by a photo of me, as a child, standing near by a llama.  I remember the day quite well and especially how excited I was to see llamas.  One of my siblings told me to be careful because the llama might spit on me.  From my child perspective I found it impossible to understand why the llama wouldn't like me and why it would spit on me.  My egocentric view wouldn't allow an understanding that the llama might spit on anyone not just me.  Seems like this kind of thinking trips up many otherwise intelligent folks....




In the background a blue whale printed on my mammogram results: good news!



Memory, insight, good health, llama spit;  each a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment