All my original work is copyright protected; if you share, please cite the source.

Follow Me at my new blogspot: Trace Markings

Thursday, July 14, 2011

The St. Johnsbury Community Farm

I had a lovely time at the St. Johnsbury Community Farm yesterday.  One of my students gave an interactive session on weeds and bugs in the garden.  She did a terrific job and I learned I am garden illiterate! No worries for me, there are plenty of places to go for help.  Here are a couple of pictures:

Abbey (Student Intern) and the bean teepee

Abbey, Melissa (director of the Food Co-op), Pat (my colleague)

Pat Shine and Abbey

There is a neat maze that goes through out the garden.  I ate my way through it.
If you don't have anything to do and want to stop by the garden some of the produce needs to be harvested.  Much of the food goes to the community meals sites and the food pantries, you can take some for yourself for your efforts as well.  Children love the garden and will be delighted by every tasty veggie!

For more information: St. Johnsbury Area Local Food Alliance or St. Johnsbury Food Co-op

No comments:

Post a Comment